Before reading further, I want to give you a heads up that this post isn’t about me having MAC Disney’s makeup collection, but about 3 things : 1- my look when I watched Aladdin; 2- a short review about MAC’s Aladdin makeup collection (after testing it on counters); and 3-what I love about Aladdin 2019 movie. So if you haven’t watched the Aladdin 2019 movie yet, please STOP NOW.
To commemorate Jasmine’s look, I actually watched the movie looking like this. I’m wearing a Tokyo Posh wrap around ponytail and a braided headband on my head, cutie H&M rings / bracelet (with a touch of Agrabah), exotic Parfois earrings, and my Fab Nails in Classic Maroon Matte.
I waited months for me to look good on this dress. Though this dress “fits” me, it looks horrible on the chest area. I was 175 lbs when we bought it. Now I’m 168.4 lbs (more or less). I have to lose more on the midriff area before I get to wear this better. If you noticed, my arms gained more muscles. The pioglitazone I’m taking is causing me to have more water weight and bigger muscles. Do I pass for a modern Jasmine? 👸
You see, when I was young, me and my brother always watch Aladdin. I know the lines and songs verbatimly, just like Beauty & the Beast. The photo above is how I looked like 2 years ago when Beauty & the Beast was shown here in the Philippines.
I love both movies because I can relate to Belle being odd and Jasmine’s fierce character. But for the remake, I love Aladdin remake more. Why? Here are my top 6 reasons :
- Aladdin came to life. Finally, a remake that has a character of its own. Yes, Aladdin from 1992 is pretty much the same as this year’s character but for him to really come to life as if he came out from the cartoons to re-tell the story — wow! Amazing! I love that finally the actor really sing the songs and dance so well (HOT 🔥).. almost perfect, right? He was able to copy the same cool and chill voice of Aladdin. It’s like you wanna trust him with your whole life. Oh my gosh! I still remember how obsessed I am with Aladdin when I was young. Mena Massoud is humble and so down to earth. I just hope he won’t change for I admire him, not just as Aladdin but as Mena.
- I love the NEW Jasmine. Fiercer, stronger and more feminine with confidence. Her style shows an updated classy fashion. She still has the iconic eyes and accessories, plus the regal gowns that are long and have pants inside as well. But this Jasmine is more elegant and chic both in the movie remake and real life.
- Genie had a heart. It’s funny that I always cry on the part when Aladdin finally freed Genie. On this remake, my heart melt on this scene again (I sobbed like a baby). When I finally understood the first scene when “Will Smith” was teaching his kids a lesson by telling them a story, my heart just applaused inside. I know they made this Genie more lovable. They showed the good friendship Aladdin and Genie have. Will Smith did well, no need to compare with Robin Williams. I love him even more after this. He just becomes better and better as an artist and actor.
- They gave Jafar a background story. His motives, intention and what makes him tick : “2nd best.” His scary character levels up as time goes by. I just missed his song though. 😅
- The songs are just the same, with a hint of pop and rap. Plus new songs that will make you jump out of your chair to sing and dance along. I am actually happy to see myself, hubby and the kids sing along.
- The lessons are endless.
– It’s not about what’s on the outside that matters.. but what’s on the inside.
– Don’t think bigger is better. What matters most is what it can do.
– If you have nothing, you must act like you own the place.
– Be you, someone will love you just the way you are.
– You will never ever be good enough. There will always be someone better and stronger than you. You’ll have your time but it will come and go.
– The more you have, the more you want. You can have all the riches in the world but no material thing can really make you happy.
– Wait. Everything along the way will tempt you. The best reward is waiting at the end of the journey.
– Be careful what you wish for. You might ask for something you don’t really want all along
– Talk back. Women can lead too. Be fierce and fight for what is right, regardless of what your gender is.
– You don’t need a macho, rich and popular man. Maybe sometimes all you need is someone you are connected with.
– Friends don’t always ask for favors. Real friends help each other out. It’s not just about “What can I get from you today?” but also “How can I help you instead?”
I went to MAC Rockwell to check on the collection. I don’t have plans of buying anything from the collection for I find them common if compared to the wide makeup collection I already have. Everything is good, but I noticed that the eyeshadow formula tends to fall out, especially the duochrome. The matte lipsticks are the same formula, as usual. But again for a makeup enthusiast like me, there’s nothing really special but the packaging. The bronzer and highlighter aren’t too pigmented or blinding enough, at least not for me. They are awesome, especially for new makeup collectors; but for someone like me who almost have every color and finish, I define them as “common.”
As I get ready to leave, my silly husband asked me to try the lipglasses. Deep inside I was like, “Oh okay let’s try something that might be out of stock by now and I won’t like for sure.” I’m not a fan of lip glosses (unless it’s also a lip treatment/balm), honestly. To my surprise, I just see myself gullible and so happy to see glitters all over my lips. If it’s just not hygienic, I will ask the staff to sell me the sample of the lipglass I want. 😭
See? I’m already set in terms of having a “shiny shimmering splendid” lip glasses and lipsticks.. but I always tend to get a thick gloss formula with subtle shimmer or a metallic lipstick with sheen. But there’s something in this lipglass that made me smile like a kid in Disneyland.. the glitters aren’t subtle, they’re THERE! It’s like a glitter that became a gloss and not the other way around! It is really colorless with a multi-dimensional gold or pink at times. The shimmer and pearls are not big chunks of glitters but actually small pigments that are lightweight and so sparkly. ✨
It’s okay that I missed the Aladdin makeup collection. Arlyne of Rockwell showed me good stuff that I’m about to collect soon from the liquid lip colour collection. Thanks Arlyne!
Recreating Jasmine’s overall look is like a dream come true for me.. as much as it is a dream to be alive in this time that this movie is finally recreated. I love everything about the movie, it is so surreal to see MAC come up with an amazing makeup collection and to actually fall in love with Aladdin, Jasmine and Genie over and over again.
All brands and products mentioned on this post are not sponsored. I’m currently having a #MayHiritUlit giveaway and whoever follows my blog and comments on this post (within the Philippines ONLY) may win a Plains & Prints Rocio Dress, Plains & Prints phone holder, Forever 21 necklace, Dermalogica Overnight Clearing Gel, 2 Mario Badescu mini facial gel, Sunnies fluffmate in BAKED, and Clarins big eco bag. Follow me on Facebook and Instagram to know more details.