Hi everyone! Let me greet you all a happy and blessed 2017!!! 😄 Hope everyone is safe and healthy. I’m looking forward to another year with you. 😚
Whenever Christmas is near, we all have this one song to sing :
I don’t want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don’t care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you, yeah.
Last 2015, MAC came up with one of their best lipsticks, the MAC “All I Want” in shimmering champagne. I believe MAC chose Mariah for their holiday collection because of her popular song, “All I Want For Christmas Is You.” As much as I would love to have one, it wasn’t sold here in the Philippines.
That’s why when MAC announced that they will have another collaboration with Mariah Carey, I became so excited.. but not hopeful that we’ll have it here in Ph. Until my husband put an effort in researching.. 😚
Hubby went to MAC SM Makati and talked to Benny. We found out that MAC X MARIAH CAREY will be released here in Ph for a limited number of their collection. I was ecstatic! 😄
Breakdown, Butterfly, Always Be My Baby, Bye Bye, Heartbreaker, I Stay In Love, Thank God I Found You, Through the Rain, and Can’t Take that Away are like my theme songs in life. Once these songs are played, my life is immediately in a music video. Her songs strengthened me and inspired me to stand up and live. By all means, I will buy it because it is the collection of someone who inspired me to move on and fly high. Her songs comforted me, her style made me want to lose weight, her videos gave me advices, her makeup made me want glitters and highlight, her love for butterflies became my motive in life — to transform and fly like a butterfly.
3 of her songs/videos helped me get through life.
1. Can’t Take That Away : I was bullied for years and I have no one to run to. I was suicidal and no one was there to give me encouragement. This song made me appreciate and love myself to not let anyone hurt me anymore. Because of the video, Mariah made me understand that I’m unique and I don’t have to be at par with anyone else.
2. Through the Rain : The video is just like me and my husband’s love story. Whenever I needed hope and an assurance that my decision is right, I go back to this video and I already know that we can make it through the rain.. and we did!
3. Bye Bye : This song/video was released a few days after my grandma died. The song gave me comfort and peace. It made me realize that life goes on even after losing someone dearly. If it wasn’t for this song, I would’ve had a hard time going through my grandma’s death.
On this OOTD look, I am already wearing some of the pieces of the MAC X MARIAH CAREY collection. Look at the cheeks and lips please. 😶👄 This is part 1 of my review on this collection, my comments on my experience with Benny, and how beautiful my Marks & Spencer coat is plus my very first H&M booties. This is gonna be a long one so hold on tight. 😅
Before I make my review about this bronzed highlighter, let us check my favorite highlighter first – MAC OH, DARLING.
Since I tried the Extra Dimension Skinfinish, I got used in this highlighter’s effect. I love the wet and glowing look. MAC Mariah’s My Mimi highlighter offers the same finish but with less pigment and a bit of bronze. I gave the highlighter a rate of 9/10 because it is not pigmented. I had to use 3 different brushes to get the right amount of “glow.” Powder brush will make less highlight and the contour brush will bring too much color. I choose the eyeshadow brush but I don’t swipe it at all, I just dab the color on the top of my cheeks. Thus, giving me a good highlight but less color. 😶 The packaging is so elegant. I love that I have Mariah’s face embossed on my highlighter. Originally, my plan is to just buy this highlighter because of its design and color, but because of the other good pieces in the collection, I bought more. 😂
The colors are : Diamond Butterfly (silver white shimmer frost), I’d Give My All (muted mid-tone grey lustre) Images of Rapture (muted black with red shimmer velvet), and Twinks (deep plum with pearl veluxe pearl).
Unlike My Mimi Highlighter, this eyeshadow is pigmented and lasts longer than the other MAC eyeshadows. I love the color combination and how unique the combination is — I can’t wait for the different looks I can make using this eyeshadow. Packaging is sturdy and chic because of the gold theme. 😍 It is my next favorite after the MAC MALEFICENT eyeshadow.
As what I mentioned earlier, this lipstick has been released last 2015 and everybody went wild. When I tried this lipstick on, I noticed a bright “somewhat nude” frosted color. I love how it shines bright like a diamond, 💎 glides well though frosted ❄ and lasts for at least 4-6 hours even after few sips and bite. 💋
That is my review for MAC X MARIAH CAREY COLLECTION, for now. 😊 Stay tuned for the other 2 pieces I bought.
Before I move on to my OOTD, I want to thank Benny and commend him for a job well done. Here are the best things about him :
1. I remember he assisted me 2x already, I didn’t buy both times but he was still as nice, patient and smart as he is now.
2. He is good in answering all my questions “patiently” about the products. He was never annoyed even after the million questions I had not just on the day of my visit but also for 2 weeks before release. 😂
3. He is not pushy. Makeup artists should learn how to sell by making the customer appreciate the product without the need of being pushy. If I don’t like the product, Benny didn’t push me to buy, but when I like a product, he is still patient enough to assist me over and over again.
4. Benny is informative. He doesn’t just answer my questions. He answers me correctly and patiently. He never made me feel like he’s in a hurry. Again, I’m talking about not just a one-time incident. He was also like this when I talked to him and I didn’t buy any.
5. Benny made me love MAC again. MAC is the first high end brand I dreamed of since I was in college. My first set of makeups when I decided to be serious in learning how to put on makeup was from MAC. Last 2016, I only had 3 purchases from MAC, they are all lipsticks that I bought from 3 different branches : Unlimited, Lady Be Good, and To Matte with Love. Because of Benny, I had more from MAC before the year ends. I think because of his efforts, I’ll have more next year. I believe Rustan’s should have someone like Benny or SM branches will have more loyal customers than them. Kudos Benny! Good job SM Makati for having him. Management should be proud.
On my earlier post, I talked about how shoes make a big difference on a certain look. I wore the same booties and it made my look casual.
When I wore the Ianne dress, I need to have a casual look and comfy shoes for walking around Kidzania. These booties are just what I needed for a fieldtrip — comfy, chic and hip.
I eventually paired it with a Marks & Spencer coat. I love how comfortable, stylish yet versatile this trench coat is. It’s like a chameleon — can fit into any clothing. 😅
How about you? What are your favorites from MAC & Mariah? Do you also love trench coats?