Hi everyone! As I write this post, I am in the hospital with my family taking care of my son who is admitted due to tummy pain. Before his admission last Thursday, I went to the ER last Tuesday and was diagnosed of dyspepsia with GERD. Because of that, I had a hard time breathing. I feel like my food doesn’t go down and it’s just stuck in my chest. 😂 Everything was hard. Despite of that, I didn’t opt for a hospital admission. For the past days, I had a feeling that someone will be confined and I did my best to stop it. Gave all my efforts to make sure that everyone’s healthy and no one will be admitted on that day. Still, my efforts weren’t enough. 😫
Yesterday, my son vomitted for hours until he had high fever. He doesn’t eat anymore and became listless. We immediately brought him to the ER until he finally got admitted because of dehydration. 😥
Just like that, my happiness ran away and I automatically became lifeless. Mode = Safe Mode. Most of my body parts do not work well anymore. I cannot process things well. My mind completely shut off from the reality.
Then I realized that my happiness completely depends on the situation I’m in and the people I’m with when I know that nothing/no one should make me feel sad anymore. Most of us find a hard time to feel happy especially when we see our loved ones having a hard time or when we’re in the situation when it’s really hard to smile.
James 1:2-4 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness, And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
After reading this verse, I then remember why these things happen. I go back to what I wrote before about Cross Training :
We as Christians need cross training to be prepared on life’s battles. If we are not cross trained, temptations and problems will be too hard for us. For us to be cross trained, the only thing we need to do is to continue even in tough times. Don’t lose heart but don’t be too lax. Have the DISCIPLINE to be cross trained REGULARLY.
If you understand that every bad day is a chance for you to be cross trained and to trust God more in every circumstances you are in, you will have a different perspective on the issue you have at the moment. You will see it as an opportunity to be a better person and be happy about it or magnify the bad situation and be sad about it. What will make you happy?
People are talking about Politics here and there. May it be in the Philippines or in the US. Everybody has their own correct points and it is a good discussion until others start to argue, disconnect and quarrel about these matters. What will make you happy?
If being right means fighting for what you believe in and in return lose your peace and happiness, then you might want to ask yourself if you’re really after your principles or your relationships.
What will make you happy? Loving someone or being loved? This week, I had a bad experience with the people who offended me so much. I learned that you can give everything to someone and think that maybe after all I’ve done, he/she will treat me in the same way I did… but it doesn’t work that way. You can be the most selfless individual in the world! If you give too much to someone who doesn’t want to give at all, it’s like expecting an elephant to fly. I realized that I am asking these people to love me as much as I love them; forgetting that I shouldn’t expect anything from anyone anymore. When we give, let’s automatically forget about the gift/favor. Or else.. you’ll silently wait for anything in return of the gift/favor you’ve given to someone.
What makes me happy? I am happy whenever I see myself pretty and strong. It is a daily reminder of who Japs is and an answer to every lie that is fed by the “enemy.”
On this OOTD post, I became risky on pairing a blouse and skirt that are completely different from each other. Though Plains & Prints already posted a photo of Anne Curtis wearing this pair, I was still hesitant to buy it. Until I see myself looking good in it, I am convinced. The quality of the blouse is excellent but the skirt’s fabric is too thin. In terms of the print of the clothes, both of them are really classy and pretty.
On this look, I used Dior’s eyeshadow palette and Ofra Pasadena liquid lipstick. I mixed the dark purple and shimmery black to contour my big round eyes. Then I used the gold and peach colors to highlight and complete my eyes’ “fierce” look. Ofra Pasadena did a good job in complementing my eyes.
Romans 5:3-4 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.
Where am I now? Still in the hospital. Looking pale, weak and with tons of pimples. After everything that happened, am I happy? YES. Despite of my Resting Bitch Face (RBF) on the photos, I am so happy while writing this. Why?
1. Japs came back. I realized that my highest priority is to give God the glory in everything I do, be a good wife and mom then everything will just fall in the right place. I’m disheartened for a few months now and I’ve been searching for myself lately. Because of what happened, I remember who I am and remember what I’m destined to be.
2. I am so far away from God and became proud – thinking that I don’t need Him anymore. I value my career, possessions, and name more than my relationships and His Lordship in my life. Reconnecting with God through hardships is something that I’ll forever be grateful for. I’d rather lose what I temporarily have now than lose what I’m forever bound for – God’s Kingdom.
3. I got closer with my family. I get to have a quality time with my kids, husband and my family. Though I honestly feel bad because there are people who automatically ignored us after the incident. It’s okay. At least I know who cares more.
4. As what I said earlier, I have dyspepsia with GERD. If my son wasn’t admitted in the hospital, I will continuously work and not rest. Chances are, things will get worse and my health might be at stake.
5. I stopped stressing myself on things I have no control of. I remember to find rest (read more about it here) because I know that God will take care of the rest. If I don’t work, I know God will provide. My son is sick? I’m sure God will heal him. He is in control and I have nothing to fear. I know God has the perfect timing in everything. I don’t wanna question His perfect plans for me and my family. I’m excited for what’s in store for me afterwards. So tell me.. why won’t I be happy?
Christmas is around the corner. I also wrote this article because during holidays, we all tend to be cheerful. As we celebrate the holidays until the end of the year, let us remember that Jesus is the reason for this season. Forget about the holiday blues! Find the ultimate purpose of the celebration and live like that your whole life. Let us not depend our happiness on events and situations. 😊
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
I’d like to pray for you today :
Lord, I’m praying for this reader now. Whatever circumstance he/she is in, I pray that you continuously strengthen, bless and give him/her favor. Always give him/her peace, joy, and understanding. Give him/her wisdom, knowledge and excellence in everything that he/she will do. Lord, I pray that You will always be with this person and comfort him/her in Jesus name we pray, amen.