I have a tremendous love for ballet. Well one reason is because I took ballet classes when I was young. 2nd is I look up to ballerinas’ grace and beauty while dancing.
So when I saw a photo from Melissa’s Facebook fan page featuring their own Vivienne Westwood Rocking Horse Ballerina shoes, I was like, “Uh oh!” I tried to convince myself that it’s not wearable nor is it beautiful. 😅 I honestly didn’t do my best to convince myself. 😄 I called Melissa and checked for the availability. I was surprised to know that this design is only available in 2 branches for a limited color and stock per size. I was hoping to purchase the shoes once it’s on sale; but with this kind of situation, I had to decide ASAP. 😅
Obviously, I bought it.. and here are my reasons why :
1. They are ballerina shoes.. but with heels!
2. I never had a red shoes (just) yet.
3. Vivienne Westwood makes unique designs on shoes. The rocking horse design might look silly and all; but it’s definitely one of a kind.
4. Though the original design of Vivienne Westwood’s rocking horse shoes is made of wood, I love that Melissa came up with lighter heels; featuring a ‘wood’ effect platform with rubber sole.
5. Melissa came up with a cheaper version of this design. Instead of using leather for the shoes and its ribbon, Melissa created these shoes with sweet scented jelly plastic, just like all the other shoes they usually make. The ribbons aren’t leather-made and stiff which is usual to the expensive Vivienne Westwood Rocking Horse designs. It is good because Melissa’s ribbons can easily be removed and replaced plus the ribbons are more flexible compared to the leather ribbons.
6. This is gonna be my first designer shoes.
7. I love Melissa, I know they make quality kind of shoes and I love that it protects my feet from any possibility of foot odor. Plus! They give free insoles! Yes, aren’t they cool?
8. I saw how ladies are addicted to this particular design. These shoes are really all over the fashion industry.. Japanese women in particular are crazy over these shoes.
9. I said this before, “If I ever see a ballerina shoes with heels, whatever it takes, I’ll buy it” so technically I’m just doing what I promised to myself. 😂 Plus, it was my birthday month when I bought it.
10. I always want to take a photo of me doing this.
Though I love the shoes so much; I also have reasons why I got disappointed :
1. Melissa’s size 6 of Vivienne Westwood Rocking Horse box in Trinoma is so ugly. Also, the scent of their shoes isn’t as fragrant if compared to my Melissa Cinderella shoes. For its price and for a first-timer to have a designer shoes, this is so unlikely and disappointing.
2. It has 3.50 inches heels. So high! Imagine chopping 1/4 of the heel. It will definitely rock your world and do its best to make you fall. Walking seems like a challenge especially with a dress on. Sometimes, I’m clumsy and it’s hard to really walk on these shoes when you’re in a hurry. I already read a lot of news about ladies having injuries because of these shoes.
3. It is a head-turner. I’m not yet used to people staring at my shoes. People might be thinking I’m a cosplayer and not acting my age. 😂 I saw a lot of Lolita fashionistas wearing these shoes and sometimes I feel awkward for my age.
4. Because the shoes are made of plastic, I hate that when my feet expands, the shoes are too tight. Though Melissa’s staff gave me FREE insoles, it’s not enough to make me feel comfortable walking in these shoes. When my feet become smaller, I need an insole to wear it comfortably. At first, I looked for an insole at Aldo. It’s expensive as expected. I’m grateful to Em of Melissa Trinoma for suggesting me to purchase a Campana shoes instead.
Why? Because these are the only Melissa shoes with removable insoles. So instead of buying a leather/cloth/gel insoles from Aldo which is around Php 800-1200, I bought a discounted Campana shoes instead. Now I have a padded synthetic insole for comfort and a Campana stylish shoes in one. The best part? This could be my insole forever because it is made of rubber so it’s sturdier than leather/cloth/gel.
5. It’s hard to pair it to just “anything.” I tried to pair it with this pink dress but I noticed that it made my dress look casual and silly.
Overall, I’m enjoying the new member of my shoe collection and these baby Melissa shoes it comes with. 😂
How about you? Do you love these ballerina shoes? Would you consider buying yourself one? Are you also a Melissa fan like me? 😅