I first used the word “thriving” when we transferred from our old small house to a condo unit here in the city. I will now use it with the same reminder that “Progress, though small and slow, is STILL a PROGRESS.”
First, I wanna say Hi to everyone with this “progressive” photo of me with my red lipstick on. Let’s kick it up a notch by making my look and photos a bit different than the usual.
I usually don’t put an effort on my look when I know I’ll make a “light” eyeshadow look. Now, I put more effort to make this look better. As you noticed, I still didn’t use a blush-on for this look.. but my search for my next blush-on is already over.. I’ve found it and will post a review soon. 😉
How to make this look?
1. Light eyeshadow. Bold lipstick. Always remember that there must always be a contrast with your eyes and lips.
2. For a light makeup look, do the lipstick first then the eyeshadow next. Work with your lips first to see how “bold” can this look become, then from there make your eyeshadow light based on how bold your lips are. Your eyeshadow’s color will depend on how you will contrast your lip’s bold color.
3. Do your eyeliner and mascara last. After brushing off your excess eyeshadow with powder, doing the mascara and eyeliner last will make your eyes look clean.
4. Apply a lip liner for a more defined lips and use a different lip gloss color to make your lip color pop. For this look, I used a red liner but a purple gloss. It will give you a 3D lips in an instant. 😉
5. Contour and highlight. Always contour to add depth and highlight to show brightness on your face.
This is gonna be the 2nd time that I will wear this dress. I blogged about this look last year with the name : OOTD : Nikki; but for many reasons, I didn’t like everything about it. So now.. here comes Nikki version 2.0.
Last week, I was on fire. See here. I hate that I don’t have anything to wear. I hate that I’m gaining weight. I hate that I’m in pain and can’t do anything about it. But you know what? I can do something about it.. Here’s my “tiny” proof.. I lost a few pounds.
Weight : 167.8 Lbs
Though it may not be seen by the naked eye, who cares? The weighing scale saw it! 😅 Honestly, I didn’t feel that tiny weight lost… but then I remember the word : THRIVING. I thrived to lose weight weekly. I thrived to make my look better from last year’s. I thrive! You thrive. That’s what matters! Being still is different than MOVING SLOWLY. 👍
Lesson Learned : Ladies, I want to tell you, just as I’m saying this to myself as well : Don’t be too hard on yourself. Trust that everything’s gonna be alright. Understand that yes you need to do something to make things work.. but also remember that YOU ARE THRIVING. That’s what matters most. See and appreciate ALL your DEVELOPMENT. You still bloom. Don’t ever forget that, lovely!
Join us on this project of losing weight and having a healthier lifestyle! Chubby Girls Get Skinny (CGGS) Project – let us support each other by going here and joining our private group in Facebook. It is a fun group led by THE pretty Beth and together joined by lovely Brie and I.