I saw the trailer (watch here) of this movie a few weeks ago in a show here in the Philippines. I was amazed when I found out that they had to actually consult some psychologists and experts to make this movie. The director, Pete Docter had to watch his own daughter’s actions, reactions, facial expressions and emotions for YEARS to make this movie possible (more trivia here) From there, I already know I’m UP for another GREAT MOVIE!
I’m not here to give you a review about the movie or to tell you what happened. I just want to convince you to watch the movie. If you’ve seen it, try to watch it again and check the scenes where I learned these lessons :
- To find help, we need to show sadness. Do not keep sadness within you. Say what you feel and you’ll find help from your family and loved ones. 🙊
- To have a stable personality, have balanced emotions – be happy, be scared, be lonely, be disgusted and be mad if needed! Do not be scared to show feelings whenever… wherever! 😲
- Changes in our lives make us have mixed emotions. It is normal. What’s not normal is when we choose to STAY HAPPY even though our mind can’t take the stress, confusion and pain anymore. 💆
- As parents, we are entitled to ask our kids a favor; but we must always remember to also stay with them in tough times. Let us not ask them to STAY HAPPY though we ourselves are having a hard time to be happy in the situation we have. Instead, let’s constantly communicate and ask our children what they feel especially in BAD TIMES. 👪
- Sometimes, we think that STAYING HAPPY is the SOLUTION to everything. I say let’s stay POSITIVE but still allow ourselves to be sad or feel anger, fear or disgust. Do not ever think that STAYING HAPPY is always the KEY to solve the problem. 🙀
- Sadness can ALSO solve the problem. When we are sad, we will have some realizations in life – One of it is the need to BE COMFORTED by someone else… but staying happy will always make us think that we can do things even when we’re ALONE. It’s okay to be sad just don’t soak in it for so long. 😿
- Believe in TEAMWORK. Someone from the group may be really different.. try to look the beauty in him and see how to use that beauty for the group’s advantage. Also, do not think that it is only YOU who can fix the problem. You are a TEAM. ALL OF YOU can and MUST fix the problem TOGETHER. 👫👬
- Sad memories are not ALL BAD. They can also make us STRONGER and HAPPIER. Because of sad memories, we learn to appreciate the happy ones. 🎭
- Our fashion do not define our personality and emotions. What we see on the outside is nothing compared to who we are INSIDE. 👠👚👜
- Trying to be TOO HAPPY though it’s already TOO PAINFUL will make us lose our mind. We will be confused until we have nothing to feel but just ANGER. When we are angry, we make wrong decisions that we’ll regret our whole lives. 😧
- Hurt people hurt other people. TOO MUCH HURT can lead to HURTING OTHERS EVEN MORE. 😈
- It’s so hard to control anger; but happiness will always be the key to make us feel calm and remember the good things in life. 😠
- Hum if you must, we can always find happiness even in the littlest things of what we have in life. Happiness depends on a certain situation we have while being joyful is being happy in WHATEVER situation we have. Be Joyful! 😄
- Our day to day experience makes us who we are. Do not let one frustration lead to another. One bad hour can lead to a worse day that could lead to the worst week. Think positive. Everyday is a journey! 🚠🚡🚟
- Arrogant people are hard to talk to because they only have anger in their hearts. They magnified the sad memories and erased the happy memories they have. We are NOT EXPECTED to forget the sad memories we have. We just have to be nonchalant about it once remembered. 🙉
- We will learn and unlearn many things in life. It is a non-stop process of learning. While learning, we will experience many things that will help us how to be a better person. Never stop learning. 📚
- We can only move on once we start to LET GO of some baggages we have that prevent us to move forward. 🚫
- Fear gives us TOO MANY WORRIES in life when in fact we just have to STAY HAPPY and be calm. Being fearful can’t fix a problem. Though fear gives us opportunities to do our best, let us not allow it to reign in our lives. It will not just steal our peace, it will also leave us drained and hopeless. 😓
- When times get rough, be goofy.. act goofy! There’s nothing wrong in being silly once in awhile. It will make us magnify the beauty of life. 🔎
- Being honest is not easy. Once you start lying, it may become a habit until it becomes a part of you. Dishonesty will consume you until you come to a point wherein you already don’t know the difference between the truth and the lie.
This movie inspired and encouraged me so much. I appreciate how well the movie was made and how great the story was created. This is NOT your usual animated movie. Everything in the story is actually scientific and psychological, this movie is also something for the heart. A reminder to always use both our mind and emotions or they will control us. That is why I am so glad that this is just a movie — because in real life, someone else can direct us to the right thoughts and emotions.
Great news! Who is that someone? His name is JESUS. Once we give our lives to Him, He will help us control our emotions and thoughts. The 5 main characters of the story are indeed a perfect way to show us what’s happening on the “inside;” but the truth is, we really can’t have full control over our lives. We have to give our lives to Him – let Jesus take the gear.. so we don’t have to give the console back to our foolish emotions and uncontrollable thoughts. DO NOT listen to A LOT of voices in your head. You will definitely be confused! Instead, listen and FOLLOW God’s Words to find clear and definite instructions. 📖
I hope I was able to bless and inspire you in the same way I was touched by this movie. Stay happy. Be sad. Get mad. Be disgusted. Be afraid… but first and foremost — LET JESUS BE THE FIRST VOICE YOU HEAR AND LISTEN TO.. AND EVERYTHING ELSE WILL FOLLOW!