Trolls is probably the best animated movie I’ve seen this year after Inside Out. This post is for everyone who wants to be happy and do whatever it takes to have happiness. This isn’t your common “movie review” but rather a comparison of this movie vs our real-life scenarios.
1. No Troll left behind. Sometimes, as a family/team/friends, we forget to see who’s left behind. We have our own favorites and go-to person that as we move forward in life, we forget we leave someone behind. Let’s be like the trolls, no favorites, no one left behind.
Wearing Dorothy Perkins dress with Stradivarius suede coat
2. There’s always a bright side. I always go back and forth to the hospital and see tons of Drs for checkups and tests. Most of the time, I get tired and lose hope.. but this movie reminds me that there’s a bright side in every situation. Like in this hospital area where I took a photo of my OOTD – I always wear something nice and fix myself whenever I’m having a checkup. I want to be positive and see the good things in everything. Breathe in and out. Appreciate the beauty outside your situation, laugh at jokes and go to your happy place – make memories on these things instead.
3. Branch: The world isn’t all cupcakes and rainbows.
Poppy: I know, but I’d rather think that it mostly is all cupcakes and rainbows than be like you, all grey all the time… You don’t even dance or hug or sing.
I came to a point of sadness when I was like Branch, not singing or dancing anymore. I even can’t find reasons to be happy. Maybe that’s one reason I have an RBF (Rest Bitching Face). 😅 But maybe what’s worse is when I see myself smiling so hard, but deep inside my soul is crying. Poppy is right when she tried to say, “It’s better to live life happy and know that things will be okay soon rather than to be sad all the time and lose hope.”
4. Everyone deserves happiness. May it be the top student in class, poorest person in town, a person with a crooked teeth, or the rudest person you know – everyone deserves happiness! Our responsibility? Do not steal others’ joy! How? By making sure our words do not mistreat or offend anyone. By being a blessing instead of hurting others for your own good.
It is my dream to have my own clothing line – Not just for slim ladies, but also for plus-size women. I find it hard to believe that a brand supports “women” when all they have are small sizes and they can’t even patronize regular people with imperfection. If that’s the case, the brand is just after sales. I don’t wanna be that brand. Maybe someday. 🙇
5. Darkness inside you can make you feel so small. When darkness clouds your thoughts with anger, emptiness, self-pity, loneliness and rage, you’ll be full of these things until you feel so small and burdened by all these. How will you feel bigger then? Later. 😉
6. Happiness isn’t something you put inside you. It’s already there. Sometimes you just need someone to help you find it. I can’t say I have a perfect marriage nor do I have a perfect husband. Most of the time, I also lose my happiness because of this guy. But more often, he returns my joy back or finds ways to make me happy and I am thankful for all the effort he gives for me to be happy all the time. I always succumb to depression and it’s hard to battle it alone. In my case, I have no friends to really support me because I’m mostly at home. I also have no one to talk to because my family isn’t with me as well. This is why my husband’s presence and time matter so much in making me happy everyday. Thank you my love, my Branch!
1. Prince Gristle: But Daddy, I never got to eat a troll. What’s gonna make me happy now???
Troll King: Come here son. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. You will never, ever be happy again. Ever.
This is the answer I was referring to all along. We will have our own different happy places – but we will only have one source of joy – God! One of the reasons why we’re having a hard time to battle sadness, depression & self-pity is because we don’t pray to the One who gives us Joy, Strength & Confidence. As Smidge said, “Your confidence gives me strength!” I say, “God’s joy is my strength.” I know I’m speaking to myself when I say, “Go to Your Father, the One who keeps on pursuing you, hug your Best Friend who’s waiting for you all along.. and He will never ever let you down.” Let’s pray :
Lord, thank You for leading me to this post today. I know You’re there just waiting for me to seek Your face. Help me find my joy back. Protect me from anyone/anything who’s trying to steal my joy and may I always remember to forgive, understand and give you my burden and pain. I declare that my life is nothing without you. I cannot handle things on my own anymore. I’m like a fool trying to find a solution when I don’t submit to your will. Let Your perfect plan prevail, not mine. Thank You for loving me and for giving me Joy, Peace, Contentment, Understanding & Grace everyday. In Jesus’ name we pray, amen.