Hi everyone! How are you? We are now in GCQ and we might all feel a bit free compared to the past months when we were on ECQ. As mentioned on my Tiktok post a month ago, I have a long shopping list once the quaratine is lifted and shops reopen.
Now you might say, “Wow! You guys have plans of shopping in the midst of the coronavirus threat?” Yes! Though the right question should be, “How will you guys do that?”
This is what I’m gonna tackle today. Disclaimer : My ways are so lame compared to the experts who can actually shop, try and fit in the store or the online shoppers who can shop till you drop.. but I’m just here to share my tips in case you need them.
Golden rule : Wear a mask (a must) and gloves (preferrably). Hubby doesn’t leave the house to SHOP for NON-ESSENTIALS ONLY. He usually leaves the house for ESSENTIALS (medicines, food, groceries, school supplies) then if he has time (HE WILL MAKE TIME 😉), he will shop for more!
1. Prep a list. Definitely a no brainer but this might be something you guys are not doing anymore because of the busyness in life – a list is very helpful. It gives you an itinerary of where to go first, what to purchase and how long will you be staying in a certain store. Best part? It helps you track and trace your steps in case (knock on wood) you get the virus. 😩
2. Share photos of the items you want. So most of you already know that I have an immune system problem and so me and my kids can’t go out of the house BUT that doesn’t stop me or my husband from shopping! For makeups and skincare, I would send the photos of how the products should look like and how big it should be. My husband usually confirms and shows me a photo of the products before paying. For lipsticks, he asks someone to swatch it on a tissue and from there we both decide what to purchase. It helps a lot that the “alay” knows what he’s doing and shopping for. In times that he doesn’t know what to buy, he sends me photos and price to help me out in deciding.
Practice SOCIAL DISTANCING at all times. Apply alcohol on your hands when needed!
3. You gotta know your size and be precise. Hubby is a pro when it comes to shopping for me. He knows my size, style and what fits. Though there are clothes and shoes that are too risky, we see to it that the clothes we buy are less risky and a perfect fit! Last week, we made a rookie mistake. The shoes, clothes and pyjamas we bought didn’t fit me. This time around, everything fits! Hurrah and kudos to my husband! Plus points for not shopping beyond the budget 🙌
4. Sanitize before claiming the prize. As soon as I get the paperbags from the outside, I sanitize everything. Then hubby will take a bath (as usual) while I clean the outsides of ALL the paperbags and plastics. Afterwards, I’ll take out then clean ALL the clothes, skincare and makeup products that hubby bought for me – one by one.
For makeups and skincare, I just leave them on a table and spray Lysol AFTER wiping ALL the items (in and out). I immediately use it AFTER I take a bath.
5. Clean receipts. After checking and counting all the items that hubby bought, I’ll check the receipt and see if the items/price on the receipt are accurate. Then, I’ll wipe the receipts (front and back, one by one) before I leave them on a chair for at least 3 days.
I put ALL THE NEW PAPERBAGS in the trash or if it’s too pretty, I’ll wipe the outside layer with alcohol and spray Lysol on the insides.
6. Fit and seal. Yaaaaay! The fun part is finally here. 🎉 I fit the clothes and shoes WITH MY MASK ON. Whenever I ask hubby to help me in fitting, he will wash his hands immediately. The clothes and shoes that fit will go to a huge paperbag. I will then seal it after fitting everything and will just open them after a week.
7. Segregate the items for return and exchange. I separate the items for return and exchange, seal them in a different paperbag together with the receipt (making sure price and items are correct) then plan the next itinerary accordingly.
8. Take a bath. Put the mask in the trash. After fitting, I put the mask in the trash then take a bath. I also wash my slippers and put my ponytail in the laundry basket for washing.
9. Open after 1 week. After 1 week, we open the APPROVED paperbag where the clothes and shoes are. We then pack the clothes away and hang them respectively after throwing the price tags in the trash. The used paperbag where I kept the clothes will be sanitized.
I hope I was able to inspire you to shop and spoil yourself again through this blog. Just stay safe. Be extra-hygienic and responsible. Stay at home. Don’t go out UNLESS it’s NECESSARY! Have someone do the shopping for you or SHOP ONLINE! Shop responsibly! 😉
All brands and products mentioned on this post are not sponsored. I’m currently having a #Mis5Information giveaway and whoever follows my blog and comments on this post (within the Philippines ONLY) m ay win a MAC x Maine lipstick, Plains & Prints top and #CoffeeBeanAndTeaLeafPH pink planner. More details on my Facebook page and Instagram account. See you there!