It is obvious by now that I tend to be loyal to the brands I once love. For clothing brands, I love Plains & Prints.
For shoes, I love Clarks. My new found brand is Piazza Italia, a family store offering casual clothing for men, women and children. The good thing about this brand is the wide variety of casual clothing it offers to its customers. The things I don’t like are the uncomfortable fitting rooms and the damaged “sale” items they have. It is quite a turn off, honestly. 😥 In the rack of sale items, I found my newest trench coat.
I love how it can hug the body tight without making me look like a “suman” or rice cake. It makes the wearer look taller and slimmer. The coat gives a sexy silhouette and a fashionable look because of the buttons and belt. The only thing I don’t like about it is the heaviness and thickness of the coat which made me palpitate and gave me difficulty in breathing. It was cold and raining hard when I wore it; but for some reason, I’m not comfortable whenever I wear it. Oh well. 😵
Since it is discounted, my norm is to check its quality throughly. True enough, the first coat I saw is damaged. Luckily, I found a heavy, fashionable and well-buttoned trench coat in good condition. It’s like a rare gem found in the middle of nowhere. 😂 I just love everything about it. Now to my makeup of the day…
As you noticed for quite some time now, I look chiseled but so pale… it is because of the absence of a blush-on. Since my makeup addiction started, I never became a fan of a blush-on. I don’t like how “fake” a blush on could get. Until I spoke to Aimee of Dior. She told me that she is using Diorskin Rosy Glow.
It reacts to the moisture in the skin to bring a delicate flush of colour to the cheeks. The fresh and luminous color upon application develops into a rosy blush to suit each individual complexion for an incredibly natural, custom healthy glow that lasts all day.
With the nice description from Dior’s website and Aimee’s recommendation, I wasn’t convinced easily. So I had to sell the blush-on to myself. How? I watched A LOT of Youtube videos about the review of this product. Here’s one sample : click. After watching video reviews, I also read product reviews on this item. Until THE DAY came. The day for me to try it on my own. The plan is to try it on then let it stay on my cheeks for a few hours then from there decide if I should buy or not.
After seeing this on my face, do you think I’ll still wait for another minute or so before purchasing it? Of course not! 😶
I must say that it is not a compulsive decision. I am very happy that I purchased it. Here is my own take about this item.
1. The color is universal. It suits all complexion.
2. It lasts from 18hrs up to a day. I swear!
3. The color looked natural.
4. The container is sturdy and elegant. Packaging shows Dior at its finest.
5. The brush included can be used. Not only will it stop you from getting more blush-on, it will also help you in doing the correct stroke.
6. It has its own mirror.
7. No need for touch-ups.
8. The “redness” of the blush depends on your acidity and activity on that day since it reacts on the moisture of the skin.
10. No foul smell and easy to use.
1. Expensive for a blush-on.
2. Once you put more than what you should, it looks so fake on the face already
3. When in a humid place, you will notice that redness happens more often than the usual.
I understand that on this photo, my blush-on might look “too much;” but honestly, I only used 2 light strokes from the brush. That time, I feel so hot because of the sun that goes directly on my face while taking photos. So maybe that’s one reason why it was so “red.”
In celebration of summer, the iconic 5 Couleurs adorns its midnight blue case with white Polka Dots for this limited edition featuring two bright and energizing colour harmonies.
2. Surprisingly, wearable.
3. Can easily make neutral looks using other colors.
4. Blue can turn into green depending on the thickness of the application.
5. Once you own this, your creativity will challenge you.
6. Sturdy and elegant packaging. An eyeshadow that comes with a mirror.
The “Bain de Mer” palette flaunts an azure blue alongside a coral, a nude and a rosy ochre.
1. Some colors are not pigmented.
2. A LOT of eyeshadow fall-out. Every stroke mean another fall-out.
3. Not long lasting. Lasted for 4-5 hours only. Needs more colors afer that. More colors = not economical.
I love Dior and obviously addicted to it since the day I posted this. It is a good brand. It always wants to push you farther than where you are now. I love the quality and the “elegance” Dior offers to its clients. Though my high hopes for the eyeshadow’s quality wasn’t met, I love how unique the colors are and how it will really dare you to go to the next level. The Rosy Glow, on the other hand, exceeded my expectations. It gave me a younger and vibrant look. I’m so happy and even more excited to try other Dior products soon. How about you? Have you tried any Dior product lately? What’s your favorite?