It was my son’s birthday week and it automatically means EATING. 😅 So did I gain or lose weight? We’ll see. 😂
I was very lazy last week and it caused me to wear a lighter purple eyeshadow and combined it with a matte pink lipstick. I do not wear a blush-on lately. Why? Because I’m on the look out for the best blush-on.. I have to wait and search further!
The past weeks were a roller coaster ride. Last week was even tougher because of some “hurdles” I encountered. One of which is that my fibromyalgia got worse. What is Fibromyalgia anyway?
Fibromyalgia is a chronic disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain, fatigue, and tenderness in localized areas.
WebMD discussed many things about Fibromyalgia including its
- Chronic muscle pain, muscle spasms, or tightness
- Moderate or severe fatigue and decreased energy
- Insomnia or waking up feeling just as tired as when you went to sleep
- Stiffness upon waking or after staying in one position for too long
- Difficulty remembering, concentrating, and performing simple mental tasks (“fibro fog”)
- Abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, andconstipation alternating with diarrhea (irritable bowel syndrome)
- Tension or migraine headaches
- Jaw and facial tenderness
- Sensitivity to one or more of the following: odors, noise, bright lights, medications, certain foods, and cold
- Feeling anxious or depressed
- Numbness or tingling in the face, arms, hands, legs, or feet
- Increase in urinary urgency or frequency (irritable bladder)
- Reduced tolerance for exercise and muscle pain after exercise
- A feeling of swelling (without actual swelling) in the hands and feet
Imagine all these symptoms that I experience once in awhile. Pain intensity depends on the situation, day, hormonal changes and stress level on a specific day. As what I mentioned above, I am on a roller coaster ride of emotions lately. Thus, having more fibromyalgia attacks is normal. Last Sunday, we had a long walk (about 4 hours) and while walking, I noticed that my right foot got “bigger” again. It is not unusual for me since my OB always tells me that when a person has hormonal changes, his feet can become bigger than the usual. But I was surprised that after my son’s birthday celebration (again I walked for hours), my shoes can’t fit well anymore and my right foot is swollen! In my surprise, I found out that it is because of Fibromyalgia. It became worse because of my lack of sleep, too much stress and hormonal change. I started to take my medicines. Now the swollen feet is gone and I’m almost back to normal. I’m not allowed to carry heavy things and walk for hours again. I’m just taking one step at a time..
Lesson Learned : Fibromyalgia may try to beat me up.. But it cannot defeat me as long as I’m pressing on towards my goal.
Now as I make this post, I’m still in pain and having a hard time to walk. Most of the time, I cry and stop whatever I do until the pain stops or the medicines take effect. 😧 Please continue to pray for me.
I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
This combination isn’t my favorite.. but the blouse is too comfortable that I felt lesser pain when I wear it. Also the skirt is lightweight and the pleats covered up my “edges” so I immediately said yes after trying them on.
Weight : 170 lbs
I may have lost some weight compared to my weight last week; but I definitely didn’t lose a lot of weight if we base it on the week when I started, “Week 1.” People may not understand the gradual process of losing weight.. I don’t care anymore. I live.. I’ll laugh.. I’ll definitely survive! 😉
Join us on this project of losing weight and having a healthier lifestyle! Chubby Girls Get Skinny (CGGS) Project. Click here to join our private group in Facebook. It is a fun group led by Beth and together joined by Brie and I.